NAV as on 30 Aug 2021413.03506.34 (1.56%)
Fund Key Highlights
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund as of 30 Aug 2021 is Rs 413.0350 for Growth option of its Regular plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 53.37% (1yr), 10.11% (3yr), 12.46% (5yr) and 14.23% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 58.37% (1yr), 12.84% (3yr) and 13.06% (5yr).
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years
Suggested Investment Horizon
Average time taken to double the money since inception
Fund NAV Range
Current vs Stated Allocation
Enter investment amount:
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
Evaluate your investment performance
Top 5 Peer Comparison
1. HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund is Open-ended Value Oriented Equity scheme which belongs to HDFC Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on Feb 01, 1994.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that The scheme seeks to achieve capital appreciation/income in the long term by primarily investing in undervalued stocks.
2. It is benchmarked against NIFTY 500 Total Return Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 97.69% in equities, 0.44% in debts and 1.87% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 47.46% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 52.84% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Blend oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 74.09% in giant & large cap companies, 16.57% in mid cap and 9.34% in small cap companies.
1. Gains are taxed at a rate of 15% (Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG) if units are redeemed within 1 year of investment.
2. For units redeemed after 1 year of investment, gains of upto Rs. 1 lakh accruing from those units in a financial year shall be exempted from tax.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
A: HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund belongs to the Equity: Value Oriented category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
A: The HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund is managed by Rakesh Vyas (Since Jun 28, 2014) and Amit Ganatra (Since May 21, 2020).
Find us at the office
Exel- Frazzitta street no. 61, 44925 Kingston, Norfolk Island
Give us a ring
+23 274 947 142
Mon - Fri, 10:00-21:00