Nifty Indices consists for various sector index and Nifty Energy index is major sector which consists of stocks from 10 companies which have different weightage in the index.
Nifty Energy index was introduced to capture the performance of Indian Petroleum, Gas and Power sector.
Nifty Energy is computed on the basis of free-float capitalisation method and is traded in both future and options market. Nifty Energy was started on 1st January 2004 with a base value of 1000. Nifty Energy Index re-balancing is done semi-annually.
Nifty Energy index can be used for benchmarking fund portfolios, launching of index funds, ETFs and structured products.
Nifty Energy Stock Companies with Symbol.
Below are the list of companies which have included in the Nifty Energy Stock Index.
|Adani Transmission Ltd.||ADANITRANS|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation |
|GAIL (India) Ltd.||GAIL|
|Hindustan Petroleum |
|Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.||IOC|
|Oil & Natural Gas |
|Power Grid Corporation of |
|Reliance Industries Ltd.||RELIANCE|
|Tata Power Co. Ltd.||TATAPOWER|
Nifty Energy Index Stocks with Weightage 2021
Below is the list of companies which have been included in the Nifty Energy Index along with their weightage, the stock companies have been sorted on the basis of percentage from high to low basis.
Relaince Industries holds the highest weightage in the Nifty Energy Index and Adani Transmission Limited holds the lowest weightage in Nifty Energy Index.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. 31.30 % Stock Weightage
- NTPC Ltd. 13.29 % Stock Weightage
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. 11.23 % Stock Weightage
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. 10.97 % Stock Weightage
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. 9.89 % Stock Weightage
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. 8.00 % Stock Weightage
- GAIL (India) Ltd. 5.61 % Stock Weightage
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. 4.95 % Stock Weightage
- Tata Power Co. Ltd. 2.45 % Stock Weightage
- Adani Transmission Ltd. 2.29 % Stock Weightage