|C U Soon|
|Directed by||Mahesh Narayanan|
|Written by||Mahesh Narayanan|
|Produced by||Fahadh Faasil|
|Edited by||Mahesh Narayanan|
|Music by||Gopi Sundar|
Fahadh Faasil and Friends
|Distributed by||Amazon Prime Video|
C U Soon is an Indian Malayalam-language computer screen film written and directed by Mahesh Narayanan. The film is set in computer screen and stars Fahadh Faasil, Roshan Mathew and Darshana Rajendran, with Saiju Kurup, Amalda Liz and Maala Parvathi in supporting roles. Produced by Fahadh Faasil and Nazriya Nazim, the film was released on 1 September 2020 on Amazon Prime Video.
Jimmy works as a Client Executive in Union National Bank in the UAE. He meets Anu on a dating app and falls in love with the timid girl. He chats with her on Hangouts and Duo but she doesnt reveal the back ground of her room, mostly chatting from bed. Despite never meeting her in person, Jimmy introduces Anu to his mother and cousin and proposes to her via video call. Jimmy’s mother is curious to know more about the girl and asks Jimmy’s cousin Kevin who is a cyber security specialist for help to get more details about her. Kevin though reluctant agrees and finds some basic information about Anu by hacking into her IP address. Unknown to Kevin, his girl friend Sanjana places a bug on Anu’s phone in order to understand Kevin’s sudden interest in Anu. Sanjana becomes jealous, possessive and keep messaging him, infuriating Kevin.
Things get complicated when Anu calls Jimmy one day to inform him that she was hurt as her father Joseph beat her leading to a few injuries. Jimmy who loves Anu brings her to his own home and provides her with medicine prescribed by his friend Dr. Prashanth who advises Jimmy to report the incident to police and also tells him that live in relationships are illegal in UAE. Later, Jimmy confronts Anu’s father for his behavior who apologizes to him and asks for Anus phone number. Jimmy shares it with him. Anu leaves a suicide note-video to Jimmy and goes missing. Then the Police gets involved and takes Jimmy into custody.
To prove Jimmys innocence and solve the mystery, Jimmys family seeks the help of Kevin. Kevin hacks Anus Facebook account and finds that she came to UAE via an agency as a housemaid. She is then sold as a prostitute and when she doesnt cooperate, gets beaten up. Joseph Tharakan, whom Anu calls father was not her father but a family man in Kerala and a pimp in Dubai, who hires girls from India for jobs as maids and when they come to Dubai, forces them into prostitution. Kevin informs Jimmys mother about Anus situation. Jimmy gets to know the truth about Anu and is angry with Kevin because he didnt tell him about this. Specially since Jimmy thought Anu had cheated him.
Kevin finds out that Anus last known location was the Indian Consulate General in Dubai. Further checking reveals that Anu reported the prostitution racket to the officials and all those involved were caught. Anu was sent back to India. Jimmy goes to U.S to be with his mother. Kevin asks Jimmy if he still loves Anu. Kevin also speaks to Anu and he understands both still love each other. The movie ends when Kevin shares Anus number with Jimmy and asks him to call her.
- Fahadh Faasil as Kevin Thomas
- Roshan Mathew as Jimmy Kurien
- Darshana Rajendran as Anumol Sebastian
- Saiju Kurup as Dr. Prasanth
- Maala Parvathi as Jimmys mother
- Kottayam Ramesh as Jacob Sebastian
- Amaalda Liz as Sanjana
- Vaishnavi Venugopal as Neethu
In June 2020, Mahesh Narayanan announced that his next venture would be en experimental one, starring Fahadh Faasil in a lead role. Mahesh described the film as a small exercise using an iPhone rather than a feature film. It was also revealed that the film would be about 60–65 minutes (the final release time amounted to 1h 38min) in length, and shot in Faasils flat. Although the film got approval from the Film Employees Federation of Kerala (FEFKA), the Kerala Film Producers Association (KFPA) was opposed to the shoot with regards to the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite this, filming was successfully completed on 21 August.
BBC wrote that Indias lockdown film is an edgy thriller.NDTV wrote that C U Soon, frisky in pace but grounded in unwavering technique, is an affirmation of cinemas capacity to be creative and hopeful no matter how grave and protracted a crisis is. The Indian Express gave the film a rating of three-and-a-half out of five stars and wrote that Producers Fahad Faasil and Nazriya Nazim, and director Mahesh Narayanan pick up a story with disturbingly familiar outlines and impart it with fresh urgency and impact, making each frame of the 1 hour 38 minutes run time count. The New Indian Express wrote that CU Soon is an immersive experience like no other. This is a neatly written and executed film elevated to a great degree by the right cast and the right music composer. Rediff gave the film a rating of three-and-a-half out of five stars and noted that Mahesh Narayanan, by turning his passion into his subject matter, by turning machines into curtains behind which we hide and through which we reveal ourselves in surprising ways, has achieved the human scale. The Times of India gave the film a rating of four out of five stars and stated that What Take Off filmmaker Mahesh Narayanan has done is use that experimental concept of technology to tell a hard-hitting socially relevant story inspired by shocking real-life incidents such as trafficking and invasion of privacy, set in two countries and told mainly through three characters who keep you glued to the screens. Baradwaj Rangan of Film Companion South wrote The last half-hour is a cracker.
- ^ Desk, Online (25 August 2020). WATCH C U Soon trailer is here! Fahadh Faasil, Roshan Mathew mystery thriller looks promising. The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 30 August 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ Bureau, Zee Media (25 August 2020). Fahadh Faasils CU Soon trailer out, Malayalam thriller to release on OTT platform -Watch. Zee News. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ Kumar R, Manoj (25 August 2020). C U Soon trailer: Mahesh Narayanan, Fahadh Faasil promise a cracking thriller. The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ a b Staff, TNM (21 August 2020). Fahadh Faasils CU Soon, shot during lockdown, to release on OTT. The News Minute. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ a b Team, Mumbai Live (25 August 2020). Fahadh Faasils Upcoming Film CU Soon To Have Its World Premiere On September 1. Mumbai Live. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ Bhatia, Akanksha (14 September 2020). 5 Moments In C U Soon That Convinced Us That You Dont Need A Big Budget To Make A Good Film. www.scoopwhoop.com. Retrieved 8 April 2021.
- ^ Kumar, Karthik (21 June 2020). Fahadh Faasil, Mahesh Narayanan to shoot for next third film on iPhone. Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ Desk, Web (22 June 2020). Fahadh Faasil to shoot for next film on iPhone, producers body unhappy. The Week. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ BS, Shibu (22 June 2020). Three new Malayalam movies announced; Mollywood fraternity divided. The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 24 July 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- ^ https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-54042633 Archived 3 October 2020 at the Wayback Machine 11
- ^ Indias lockdown film is an edgy thriller. BBC News. 7 September 2020.
- ^ C U Soon Movie Review: Fahadh Faasils Onam Release Is An Eye-Grabber. NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- ^ C U Soon review: A satisfying, moving thriller. 1 September 2020. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- ^ CU Soon movie review: A neatly executed Screenlife mystery. The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- ^ C U Soon review. Rediff. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- ^ C U Soon Review: This gripping film will keep you glued to the screens. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 3 October 2020 – via timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- ^ C U Soon On Amazon Prime Video, with Fahadh Faasil, Roshan Mathew, Darshana Rajendran: A Solid Mystery That Unfolds Entirely On A Set Of Screens. FilmCompanion. 1 September 2020.
- ^ Praveen, S. r (1 September 2020). C U Soon movie review: Fahadh Faasils latest proves that creativity cannot be locked down. The Hindu. Archived from the original on 3 October 2020. Retrieved 3 October 2020 – via www.thehindu.com.
Find us at the office
Exel- Frazzitta street no. 61, 44925 Kingston, Norfolk Island
Give us a ring
+23 274 947 142
Mon - Fri, 10:00-21:00