About this role
The Aladdin Institutional Business prides itself on being a culture of high touch, highly specialized, client first orientation. Relationship Managers deliver service support, advocate for the client’s needs internally within BlackRock, look for ways to do more for the client and communicate positive and difficult messages – above all, keep the client happy.
Senior Relationship Managers actively drive new business opportunities by educating and delivering the entire breadth and scope of BlackRock capabilities.
About the Aladdin Client Engagement Group
The Aladdin Client Engagement (ACE) group leads the partnerships formed with each BlackRock Solutions client and is the trusted advisor, problem solver, and business partner to clients. Relationship Managers are the key point of contact for clients and are charged with driving, deepening, and growing the relationship over time through product and analytics knowledge.
A successful Senior Relationship Manager is a market savvy leader who anticipates the needs and evolving priorities of client organizations. They provide analytical and investment process solutions that demonstrate the capabilities of the entire BlackRock Solutions organization.
Leading and Developing a Team
- Leads individuals and team to achieve objectives and get results; inspires and motivates people to the highest levels of performance. Is accessible, engaged and a positive force for change. Provides timely and meaningful feedback.
- Able to grow the team through new hires or upgrading existing talent.
Building, Fostering, and Growing Client Relationships
- Uncovers and meets the need of external clients; builds strong working partnerships with clients and internal organization; addresses client demands; effectively handles clients’ expectations and delivers valuable service.
- Uncovers business development opportunities through understanding client workflows and deep partnerships. Is able to position Aladdin ecosystem-based solutions based on client needs.
- Drives strategic client projects to allow clients to extract the full value proposition of the Aladdin tool suite.
- Presence and gravitas to navigate both internally and externally. Confidence to deliver deep content, be relevant to the client and provide vision.
Delivering Aladdin Product & Analytics Expertise
- Understands business, financial and technical terminology, including how organizations operate, compete, profit and grow. Stays ahead of developments in own field and considers how this knowledge can be applied.
- Insurance or asset management sector domain expertise.
- Conversant with current trends in fixed income and equity markets (e.g. the impact on our clients of Fed hiking rates, etc.).
- Continually improves analytics processes to provide solutions for clients in partnership with the broader BlackRock platform.
- Technologically “aware” to be conversant with clients and visualize opportunities.
Contributing to the Broader Aladdin Business
- Provides client context across business processes to internal partners.
- Deepens relationships with the broader BlackRock teams to identify further areas of growth opportunities or internal partnerships.
- Ability to coordinate and influence various partner groups within the platform to gain consensus and resolve issues (i.e. portfolio management, business teams, legal, fund administration and investment operations).
- Partners with business development and other internal partners to achieve commercial goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics or a related quantitative field of study.
- 10+ years performing quantitative and investment risk analyses across multiple asset classes.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading critical initiatives within a global organization.
- Committed to gaining relevant knowledge, skills and experience in commercial markets; stays up to date on the business and maintains current knowledge about competitor products and services; has broad securities industry knowledge and an understanding of where BlackRock’s’ products and services fit within the industry.
- Ability to operate as a self-starter, operating with limited guidance in a highly matrixed organization.
- Possesses initiative and creativity to solve the needs of a rapidly expanding platform.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Find us at the office
Exel- Frazzitta street no. 61, 44925 Kingston, Norfolk Island
Give us a ring
+23 274 947 142
Mon - Fri, 10:00-21:00